Miami, USA (April 15th, 2017) – After 6 days straight of perfect conditions on Biscayne Bay outside downtown Miami you could say we were due some unsailable conditions.
Since the World Match Racing Tour arrived in the city we have been greeted by truly perfect sailing conditions with 15-18knots of steady breeze, calm sea state and hot sun. Today the upper limit of race conditions was reached and the race committee deemed it safer to stay ashore.
“Conditions out on the bay are sailable, but not raceable.” Announced PRO Mattias Dahlström at the skippers briefing. In the heightened sea state and with close quarter match racing manoeuvres it would have been unsafe to send teams out.
This pause in competition means that Anthony Kotoun can enjoy a second day sitting at the top of the leaderboard. If the wind drops to allow racing tomorrow, will Kotoun be able to hold his spot and gain one of the two qualification tickets up for grabs this weekend? Only time will tell.
The forecast for tomorrow shows a drop in wind which would allow racing at the Coconut Grove Cup to continue. Fingers crossed for a return to idyllic conditions tomorrow with a scheduled briefing at 09:00 and racing to commence soon after.
Click to toggle
Round Robin 1
You are trying to load a table of an unknown type. Probably you did not activate the addon which is required to use this table type.